December Recipe Miss T

Originally Posted by MissTreated
Hey, I'm prepared! I was at work!!!

The choice for this recipe was a difficult one. I wanted to make it special, so my shrimp salad was top of the list. However, one of the guidelines was looming over me, "affordable", and another was "easy to locate", and some of you "inlanders" might find Prince William Sound shrimp a little scarce. We'll save that one for some other time.

So the month of December is no special shrimp recipe, but it is one without a lot of starch, unless you want to add a good bread on the side. It's one you can use with your game meat, so the cost will be low. I've done it with deer and moose. (And besides, no one had done a salad yet...) smile

Enjoy!

Thai Beef (or deer or moose or caribou or...) Salad
4 servings

6 fresh cilantro sprigs
2 � tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons minced lemon peel
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 pound flank (or sirloin or something similar) steak

1 red leaf lettuce head, leaves separated
4 green onions, thinly sliced
3 dried hot red chilies, crushed
� cup chopped fresh cilantro

Combine first 6 ingredients in processor and blend until as smooth as possible. Heat oil in heavy small saucepan over high heat. Add contents of processor and bring to boil. Set aside.

Preheat broiler (or grill). Season steak with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for rare. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes.

Arrange lettuce leaves on plates. Thinly slice steak across grain. Transfer steak to medium bowl. Add green onions and chilies. Bring dressing to simmer. Pour over steak mixture in bowl and toss to coat. Divide steak mixture among lettuce-lined plates. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.

[Linked Image]

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson