Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
If both tables were from the same barrel then the Grendel wouldn't even be close. I'm a grendel fan as well and own two but for hunting there really isn't a comparison. The 270AR handily beats it.
''

So what is "handily"
At what distances in what winds? With how many foot pounds.

How much ACTUAL velocity are you getting? Vs what they proclaim?

Not saying it won't be a good round. But i hardly see anything 200 fps faster than an existing round( if it gets that much) in the arena of cartridges we are talking about as being as a "game changer"

Of course I'm also of the theory that while I have other rounds in the AR, and have shot ARs for years and probably logged more than the average AR shooter round wise, a 223 and tsx bullets do awful good to awful long distances for most folks.

The max loads typical with a 6.8 SPC are in the 27-29gr range. The 270AR is in the 39gr range and its shooting the exact same bullets. That should be a clue. The 200FPS jump is a very conservative polite estimate.

So you don't have one? So there is no way of knowing what the speeds will actually be then. At least over a few years of watching new rounds come out, well more than a few really, its been my estimation I"ll believe it when I see it.

Some do it, and many don't.

So this thing is a 30 AR necked down to .277 from what I am reading then? Yet the 30 AR is not an AR round? But the 270 is?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....