Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
I'm a grendel fan as well and own two but for hunting there really isn't a comparison. The 270AR handily beats it.

That's like saying a 30-06 is a much better killer than a 308. The guy who says this is either clueless and inexperienced at actual killing, or trying to sell something.

Well, since you brought it up (in no particular context) I'll bite. If your intended quarry requires 200+ grain bullets, then the venerable 06 has a marked advantage. But then WTF does Col Cooper know anyway? I guess he was a 308 "hater" wasn't he?

I spent a bit of time this year walking around on 6.8 brass that an oil-sheik paid for. Not at all impressed with the cartridge. The Grendel launches a great projectile...pathetically slow. The WSSM's have brass consistency/availability issues. I for one am glad someone is trying to finally produce a single-stack round that'll launch a 6mm (ideal, IMO) or larger bullet as close as possible to 3000fps out of a 20in barrel. I thank the gentleman for posting about it.

Rancho GFY.

We aren't talking about heavy bullets and bears, we are discussing killing deer, remember?

How about that 7mm-08? Hard to take gun advice from a guy who bitched incessantly about how bad his rifle was, sold it, and with very little work became an awesome shooter.