Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
I got an answer from the developer over on the 68forum.

60,000PSI max using QL. But the person running QL must know how to set it up. Most people in the AR world think cartridges are loaded to 2.26 while everyone here knows PRI mags allow loading to 2.295 or 2.3" The other thing is QL does not work so well with the 6.8 bore especially with 5R rifling. The engraving force is lower and the bore area is larger. Comparing the 11 twist 4 groove barrels we sold to the 5R barrels we sell the 5R barrels usually run 60-80fps faster, some 90-100fps faster.

If the barrels are running faster with the same loads, it's because they are generating more pressure.

For a guy who trumpets the physics of killing power, you sure seem to ignore the physics of pressure.

Are you addressing me as if i'm the developer again? Pressure is one part of the equation as so is resistance in the barrel caused by rifling type.

Pig shooter, we are just trying to educate you so you have realistic expectations regarding what can, and cannot be done with a new wildcat.

We've seen the promises that never materialize, and know the tricks to maximize velocity.

Once you've lengthened the throat, lengthened the barrel, matched the most modern powder to the barrel length/bullet choice, and increased the case capacity, all that's left is to ramp up the pressure.

Since many of us on this forum own custom rifes and chronographs we've been testing what does, and does not work since the 80's. We are familiar with the effects of custom barrels and changes in OAL.

Oh by the way, if you increase OAL, which way does the pressure go?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell