Every time (and this goes back to the 1930's) a wildcatter dreams up and loads a cartridge that gets much higher velocity than the case capacity says should be possible, the price always has been and always will be excessive pressure.

The old ICL Grizzly made higher velocities than the 300WBY, with a case that was essentially the same. Until someone pressure tested the loads.... OOPS! Back to the old drawing board....

I love wildcatting, built and still hunt with one of my own that I call the 340 Tyrannosaur. But case capacity X and bore area Y and bullet weight Z is always going to get you to exactly the same place unless a new powder has been developed that is more dense and more progressive in its burn than what we have now, and we have a LOT of great powders now! And in this scenario, the other 8 or ten cartridges that look like yours are going to also benefit from that same powder development. My 340 Tyrannosaur gets 100fps more velocity that a 340 WBY not because its case capacity is a tiny bit more, it is because we now have Reloader 25 and IMR 7828SSC that were not even dreamt of when old Roy W breathed life into his big 33. Well, that and Molybdenum Disulfide coatings on my bullets with PTFE treatments in my hand lapped cut rifled barrel. And even all that got me a relatively meager 100-150fps. I am under no illusion that MY 'magic' .338 cartridge is really and truly any more effective than the mighty - and excellent by the way - 340 Weatherby. I love it because it is MINE smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500