Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
I think some of you guys went way off in left field. We are talking about ballistics and hitting power at various yardages. If you can't read a simple ballistic chart your in the wrong thread. You don't need any of these calibers or really need to have shot any of them to discuss a ballistic chart. If you think you do your in the wrong thread.

Introducing a new cartridge and showing how it compares to other extant cartridges is one thing, allowing people to draw their own conclusions.

I've designed and had built a wildcat, and know for a fact that it didn't do anything existing cartridges already had well covered. I didn't go around harping on worthless ballistic charts (which mean diddly schit in the real world), claiming how much better my round was, especially before I had shot it.

Cartridges sometimes have issues, whether in feeding (as often happens with the minimum taper, sharp shouldered rounds) or with pressure spikes (such as with the 25 WSM). Until it's actually tested in the real world, it's just a theory.

People's problem with you is in part because you come on and say how much better your round is, without any real proof. Guys that have shot and killed a bit know how little difference there truly is between cartridges. They know how useless comparisons of Foot Pounds of Energy or whatever kind of made up rating system you can come up with matters in the real world.

If your proof of how much better a round is than another comes from a chart, I suggest you need to do a lot more shooting and killing. You need to test both in the field, not simply on paper. Otherwise, your proof is meaningless.