Ok, just ran the 6.8 SPC through Quickload. At Max SAAMI pressure, it looks to fall just short of 2400 fps with a 130 Berger.

I noted that the data I quoted earlier fell a bit short of SAAMI max, so the 2600 with a 130 is probably in the ballpark for the 270 SPR.

Getting back to the quickload data....Add the 200 fps the 270 SPR is capable of, and we see around 2600 with a 130 in an 18" barrel. So I sorta confirmed the data I came up with using "The Rules". If I'm off on my math somewhere, someone please correct me, as I'm borderline retarded when it comes to math.

That is A LONG ways from the 2775 being quoted with a 20" barrel.Of course, if a guy was using "some guys" 6.8 SPC internet data, and not pressure tested data, it's probably doable.

I remember a guy on here a couple years ago who developed a super improved 25-06, and was disappointed when he couldn't beat the random person on the internet's data he had found on reloader's nest. For all he knew, the guy with the 3600 fps with a 100 grain bullet out of a 25-06 Ackley that he was trying to beat had sent the bolt back through his face the next pull of the trigger.

What I'm saying here, is that one must compare to published, pressure tested data, not internet pressures.

Last edited by prairie_goat; 07/16/13.