Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
how old are you, I'm welling to bet pretty young otherwise you'd be able to comprehend what others here are trying to tell you.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
how old are you, I'm welling to bet pretty young otherwise you'd be able to comprehend what others here are trying to tell you.

You got im still wet behind the ears but you taught me well and i now know old crusty walmart beer belly hunters get better ballistics just because of experience. Blah hahaha....

well, those of us who've been handloading for 30+ years have seen more than a few new wonder cartridges arrive with great fanfare. Some have stuck, some have faded away. New isn't necessarily bad, but it's not automatically good, either. Lots of super-duper wildcats have arrived with great performance numbers, until people realized they were loaded really, really, hot.

There's guys here who have killed deer with 6.8 SPC's; the military has issued it, so lots of real world data says it works as advertised. If it's going to be a few months before anyone even has barrels available for the 270AR, then a little skepticism is warranted, especially when like me I've already bought a 6.8 SPC bolt & barrel.

And us old timers also remember that a decrepit old round, the 6.8 x 64 (aka .270 Win) will drive 130's easily over 3100 fps, maybe as much as 3200 fps, just to put things in perspective smile

But hey I'm open minded, if someone wants to trade me a 270AR barrel & bolt for my 6.8 SPC parts, and let me be a Beta tester, I promise to be open minded smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."