We sent one of each to Frank Galli of SnipersHide to put them through the paces down at Rifles Only. Here is some of his initial feedback.

------------------------------------

Super Snipers arrived and as luck would have it, we have an 8 day Precision rifle class with a group of Rangers. As always happens, a Leupold on the Mk11 Mod0 broke so I have the 3-9 mounted on that rifle. The Ranger is going to use this scope all week. His quote zeroing it just now, "way too easy".

-------------------------

Scope has been awesome so far, the shooter is really enjoying it, class is still going on and the Super Sniper continues to march while others have not been so lucky.

Tonight we did a short night fire and the SS through a PVS 26 is outstanding, really beats the system's supplied scope by a wide margin, hands down heads and tails above what they are using.

Went to 1,000 yards with it this morning and on the flat base of the Mk11 Mod 0 the scope had all the elevation necessary, about 11.2 mils, the scope topped at 11.8 if I recall correctly.

But its been trouble free and operating flawlessly for the class, 8 days of torture and nary a complaint

They give them, Leupold 3.5-10X FFP M3 stuff, which the guys liked the SS better, I had them check it out and give their opinion, the SS clearly won the night. (and the lower rings of the SS offset it really bad compared to the others, and still it was a better picture.

[Linked Image]

So far about 3 down this week, one hard core, two with annoying issues but enough to be dangerous operationally... bad enough when they get back they will have to be replaced, as they aren't holding zero, one even bouncing roughly 4 MOA every single day, at first he needs to add the 4 MOA & then if not that day, the next he has to remove it. Those with stripped screws don't do anyone any favors either.

The SS is smoking them easily if you ask me or them.

I spent the day shooting the 10X HD and like it alot, the 3-9X worked out perfect for the soldier, it was tits on and worked out great for him.

You guys scored with the design and the fact that both are under $1000, well under I might add, make them not only a great buy, but a best buy if you ask me.

I played with the tracking all day and it couldn't have gotten any more accurate, first rate. I even took the caps off to look inside, burly, really nice big brass wings, not like the cheesy plastic junk in the IORs.

----------------------------------

The soldier who shot the 3-9X42 shot it out to 1,000 and I shot it out to 800 and both of us commented on how there was no issue with the parallax, in fact he was quite surprised by the fact, and checked it over and over to be sure he was seeing it right.

Its very good for a fixed system.

----------------------------------

Summary,

These scopes are dead nutz on target, they are the right size, have the right features and address the "Under $1,000. decision" in an outstanding way.

You see it in the reticle and dial it, the round hits exactly where you want it too.

The clarity is excellent, as the scope has been moved to a new company for SWFA and they are producing a well made product at a reasonable price. Edge to edge clarity is first rate, there no issue with eye relief as it's quite forgiving.

The size is perfect for an SPR type rifle or even a hunting rifle and will work on your tactical rig for an entry level scope. I have the 10X HD on a light tactical bolt action and really like the way it looks on the rig. The parallax for the 10X is where the power ring is for the 3-9X so you have a similar set up.

I just shot the rifle out to 800 and it's flawless, dial on my dope, hold for the wind and it hits in the middle. No trying to figure out why my dope isn't right.

The 3-9X on the Mk11 worked great. The training continued, the soldier had confidence in the optic so everything worked out perfect from the use and abuse standpoint. In fact the soldier was part of a 3 way tie for top gun --- no issues.

Frank Galli
http://www.snipershide.com