The most experienced big game hunter I know is a set-and-forget guy. I don't know how many big game animals he's killed but it's probably well over 1000 and may be closer to twice as many. That's not much compared to some who shoot commercially for meat or eradication, but it's a lot, especially when almost all of his hunting is for trophies.

He prefers a multi-point reticle, which he considers plenty for most big game since (as another friend of mine once pointed out) all you really have to do to kill big game is hit a volleyball-sized target. He doesn't shoot much beyond 600 yards, but out to 600 he is deadly. He prefers using a reticle because he's seen even some very repeatable scopes not be when it's below zero, and he also hunts a lot of high altitude where his rifle/scope (and everything else he carries) needs to be as light as possible.

While he doesn't shoot as much as some people, because he's out hunting far more than some people, he shoots more than enough to be very practiced with the system he's chosen. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but he's killed more trophy big game animals than all but a handful of the hunters in the world, including those who post on the Campfire.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck