Two reasons why I would not trust Frank's assessment. First of all, he made the comment about the failed Leupold and said that was usual. Why ? What's that got to do with testing a new scope or scopes ?
However, if he wants to test one model by one manufacturer against another, he needs to do level playing field testing. He didn't.
For the record, lots of other shooters here have bought and run the SWFA SS Scopes. Most of them appear to use the fixed magnification scopes. Therefore I'll buy the that they are a good scope and a real deal price wise.
But that doesn't necessarly apply to the variables unless they have been tested under like conditions against other well known scopes like the same level Leupolds.
I am aware of no such testing. What I have seen are comments like Frank's about Leupolds in general. Or FormD's comments that he has "broken" several VX-R Patrols. Such comments are not similar to the experiences of others that I've known. It has gone so far as some in the tactical crowd saying in any given match, they see "30-40% of the Leupold fail (models and histories not mentioned) vs. almost nothing in the way of Nightforce or S&B. Who make nothing but high end scopes BTW. Funny the people I know personally, some of whom shoot tactical competition, haven't noticed that about high end Leupolds vs. other high end brands
So I'm suspicious of tests by such people as Frank and FormD. E