Originally Posted by dennisinaz
While the SS apparently has great tracking it doesn't have much eye relief at 9X. It also varies greatly between 3 and 9 on the eye relief. I can't stand that. Might work for you guys shooting gas guns but doesn't work for me shooting in field positions when trying to hit something while lying on one side of a canyon, trying to shoot to another. I gave my sample back.

As for putting one on a Mtn rifle that is absurd! Balance would be so bad it wouldn't even be enjoyable to shoot. I tried several scopes on mine and finally settled on a 2.5-8 with a B&C. I had this reticle added and I guess Leuplod gave it their bullet proof treatment. I took a pretty bad tumble off my Mtn bike two weeks ago with the rifle on my back. I came home just knowing that it was ruined.

It was off 1/2" at 200 yards! Guess it is pretty tough.

I don't doubt that Leuplod is having some quality issues but they still make a pretty nice scope for the money. They are about the only ones that understand eye relief too.

Been working with a couple of Vortex scopes. I like everything about them except their lack of adequate eye relief for magnum use.

Actually the 8400 balances better with the SS than with the FX3 that preceded it. And prone on 9x with 7WSM full-house loads shooting 162's at 3050 fps is not a problem if one uses a bit of sense regarding scope setup, shooting position, and cheek weld.