Appreciate his delivery method or not, he is correct. But just like with scopes, most seem more interested in focusing on things that matter the least, versus the things that matter the most.

Originally Posted by FOsteology
Formidilosus,

I know you've had extensive time behind the SS 3-9x42mm. Have you had first experience with the SS 3-15x42mm?

How's the eye relief and eye box on both the 3-9x42mm and 3-15x42mm? The spec sheet on the 3-9 shows the eye relief to be only a smidge over 3" at 9x.

How easy are both scopes to get behind throughout their magnification range? Any case of tunnel vision at any magnification settings(blackouts around the edges)?

The 3-9x is solid. Eye relief and eye box are good, no noticeable tunneling. I've used them on rifles up to and including 338L's and even shot sidegun have not had a problem with eye relief.

The 3-15x is a bit tighter to get behind, as are most higher magnification scopes. I haven't shot them on any 300's or 338's but didn't notice anything about eye relief or eyebox that would dissuade me from them.

I'll make you a deal, buy the 3-9x42mm in mil quad, or 6x in same, shoot the dog piss out of it and if you don't like it I will buy it from you for a fair price, scratches and all. Or I will send you one of mine and you can beat it to hell and see wtf.