Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by rta48
A 6x42 Leupy with dots and M1 would be hard to beat on a hunting rig. The SWFA 3x9's are huntable but they are not my fav for that purpose.

RTA

Funny, that's exactly what this scope replaced. I'm not looking back.

Quick drive by.....

I've hunted with Leupold 6x36's and 6x42's with duplex, wide duplex, fine duplex and LRD as well as 6x40mm MK4 M3 with duplex. They are very good optics for killing. I also use both mil dot and Mil Quad versions of the SS 3-9x42mm. When it is too dark to place the mil quad reticle in the 3-9x42mm on an animal, it is too dark to do the same with a duplex in a Leupold. The mil quad is an inverted #4 with the thick posts. Bracket that around what you want to hit and it's easy.

As for weight, I just can't see it. Some act like its a 72mm Ziess. It does everything that a scope is supposed to. Which is something that most scopes can't claim. It stays zeroed, adjusts consistently and correctly and gives some options in range that a Leupold 6x doesn't.

The "glass" in the SS 6x and 3-9x42mm is very good. There is no noticeable difference between them and comparable Leupolds side by side at last light.