Originally Posted by Formidilosus

There is no free lunch. However scopes could be A LOT better at what scopes are supposed to do- hold an aiming point consistently and adjust correctly every time. But we will never see that because very few actually shoot. Even here with a board full of aficianados all anyone crows about is "glass". One of the least important attributes of modern scopes. But it is "seen" by every singe dude who doesn't shoot. People buy scopes (and rifles) so they can pull it out of the safe and brag to their buddies about the "glass".... To "see" zero retention, tracking, correct and consistent adjustments when actually used would require people to go and shoot, which would lead to worn out barrels and rifles that don't look brand new.

I always get a kick out of this "very few actually shoot" mentality, and that those "who don't shoot" are bottom feeding idiots.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "those that shoot" are a very minute part of the big game hunting population, therefore most diehard big game hunters are not "shooters". Would you buy that? I'd go so far as to say that 95% of big game hunters (myself included) are more of a set it and forget type turret/scope guy, and they get along quite well in the field by doing so. I've only had one scope lose zero in over 40 years of hunting.

If your world of "shooters" is strictly a tactical one, then fine. But to classify everyone who "doesn't shoot" as a bunch of bumbling fools is, well, foolish on your part. I'm beginning to think the only thing bigger than BS's mouth is your ego.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.