I have shot a leupold vari x 2 on my 243 for about 11 years. it has the target knobs, and I am hunting coyotes with it year around. Longest shots have been 600yds, with a lot of shots between 300, and 500 yds. I have never had a problem with the quality of glass, but have found that over time the erector springs begin to fail. I also had a 3 inch POI change occur this spring between 6x and 18x. It took sending it back twice to get it fixed. I bought a SWFA 3X15 this spring and have been running it through the gauntlet, to see if it would hold up. After the initial sight in, I twisted the knobs along ways in every direction, and have done so several time since, often practicing out past 600yds. Usually about 5 to 5.5 mils. The short of it is,that after nearly 4 months, I have yet to resight the gun. That was never the case with my leupold. It was often off just a little bit, but that little bit on a coyote at 500 yds is generally all it takes to miss. The quality of the glass has been exceptional, and I like the metal internal parts, as opposed to plastic, or nylon, no question. A stouter more reliable scope. If anything changes, I will be the first to post it.