Originally Posted by Fubarski
Allow me to clear the air here, if you would.

If Pete Carrol, who I do not know, came upon me in a bar, and started [bleep], I'd choke him out, if I could.

That's not where my posts are directed.

I apologize for my posts, if anyone felt that I was supporting the hawks.

HOWEVER, I AM supporting any man, or woman, that takes a shot in a sporting event, or other event of import, that evinces their best efforts to promote the goals of that particular side of the contest, within the rules, towards the goal of success.

That support will be unwavering.

The first rule, as has been taught to me, is that anything can happen.

And it can.

But that does not diminish in any way, my support for the person that "makes the call", and takes the responsibility for the result.

Had the play called succeeded, in this case, we'd not be having this discussion.

But, I will not waver in my support of a person making a call, no matter the outcome, and no matter the second-guessers, who have never guessed wrong, as evidenced on this forum.

a chit play is a chit play....doesnt matter if its high school or pro ball....thats what you cant seem to figure out....and at the level of the Superbowl, it was an EXTREMELY phuggin stupid play because they definitely should have known better....thats why they get paid what they do....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books