Originally Posted by BobinNH
There aren't many plays resulting in epic goofs that go down in the annals of sports history and live forever; but this interception will be one of them.

Seahawk fans can take solice that New England fans have suffered their own share of indignities and maybe this SB win by the Pats is our redemption....hey maybe we had it coming and deserved this win, because this is what happened to us. cry sick

Many on here are way to young to remember this from the 1986 World Series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8sNBxf1NC8

I remember that well Bob. I almost felt like crying for Buckner. Those poor Red Sox suffered through a lot back in those years.

As far as the game Sunday, it's like any other championship game in that only one team can win. Sometimes it is one's favorite and sometimes not.

Probably not many here remember the 1958 World Series. The Milwaukee Braves had a 3 game to 1 lead over the Yankees and lost the final three games. I was only 14 at the time but that was about the hardest thing for me to get over because I was so sure the Braves were going to win their second world series in a row. Add to that, I disliked the Yankees more than any team in baseball because it seemed like they always won. Fortunately some wise person got it through my young, thick head that it is only a game and there is always next year. If there isn't a next year then it really didn't matter anyway.

We all want our team to win but unfortunately that doesn't always happen. Today I admire a good loser as much as a winner. My impression of Sherman changed a bit when he went out and congratulated Brady after the game was over. That to me was a classy move on his part.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink