Every year we have this thread pop-up.
Not sure if I have ever given my 2 cents or not.

I mostly hunt DIY. I have a great camp, every thing you would need. Except for livestock.

I have been on both sides of the tipping exchange. I did some guide work when I lived in Montana. Some clients were great. Some, not so much. I treated everyone of them to the best of my ability. When you are a guide you are also an entertainer among other things. You have to be ready to answer any question that my come up and, that's everyday. (and that's okay.)

As far as tips go. I have been tipped very well and not so much if you were just looking at $$$ amount. What I tried to do each and every time is to make a new friend. A friendship that will last a long time. Those were the blessings for me.

When I go on a guided trip. I tip the help that worked for me. (like) Cook, Packer, Guide, other camp helpers.
Just say I spent approx $7K for a hunt. This is how it might break down,
Guide, $600.00 Plus a gift. I like giving a gift with money. Soon the money will be gone. Yet, he would still have that gift I gave them.
Cook, around $250-300 I use $50.00 a day as a guide for me.
Packer, $200.00 +/-
Camp helper $100.00 +/-
I think I always go over 10%. I always give with a smile and good heart. Heck, I was just hunting in a nice camp with some great people. I left feeling very happy.
If you didn't have a good camp, maybe you didn't look into your outfitter as well as you should have.

Always a blessing meeting new people, making new friends. Enjoy life it's here and gone in a short flash.

You all take care.

If I messed up someplace with this, I was on some of my back meds.

Go buy someone a cup of coffee tomorrow, it will make you feel good.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor