Originally Posted by Tim_B
I must say if someone approached me and said "if you don't tip my people 10% you need to explain it to me" I would probably be forced to inform him that he just explained it to himself, in my opinion the only good way to bring up tipping is let the client ask the outfitter "so what is an average or expected tip, I might not be able to meet the average since this is once in a lifetime but I will tip what I can"

I don't mind seeing the "tips" in the section of what isn't included in a hunt, I enjoy the insight of the "tipping" threads since it really does vary depending upon culture, income, expense of the hunt, ect...

BUT in my eyes when a restaurant "includes" a 15%, 18, 20% tip for any party over XX people that annoys me a bit and an outfitter telling me "you are expected to tip XX percent" would annoy me too.

I will not ever add a gratuity to a hunt, I will not ever talk about tips in front of clients and I would NEVER confront a guy if he chooses not to tip.

The only time I ever discuss tips with a client is when they come to me with a direct question regarding tips for the cooks and their guide. In my answer to them I let them know what most guys do and that a gratuity is not necessary but is appreciated by the cooks and guides but if they choose not to its their prerogative. I hate that conversation because I don't want to make clients feel bad.

It's easier to discuss it on an open forum like we are here