Originally Posted by smokepole
You have your head up your ass. But you're right about one thing, it's not hard to figure out.

Some jobs are traditionally compensated at least partially by tips. Everyone knows which jobs these are. If you want to avail yourself of these services, you should expect to pay a tip, and figure the cost of the tip into your total cost.

If you're such a cheap SOB that you're unwilling to pay a tip, don't try to rationalize it by saying the rest of the world should change.

Look in the mirror instead. That's where the problem is.

Those who work jobs that are "traditionally compensated" by tips..... used to understand that those tips were directly related to the service being provided. Now, it seems those who work for tips..... feel they're obligated to receive those tips.... regardless of the quality of the service or experience.

I don't tip schitty waitresses......

I don't tip the cab driver who makes me put my own bags in the trunk....

To Insure Promptness...... that's what TIP means.....

It was..... is..... and always should be.... directly related to the level of service you received.

If you want to work in an industry that is "partially supported" by an unagreed upon arbitrary amount of "additional" dough..... then you better provide exemplary service.

To expect to get paid the "industry standard"..... without providing an experience that's ABOVE that standard.... is pretty Bernie....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......