Originally Posted by BobWills
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ron

I cast that 358429 bullet with a two hole mold and with a lot of added tin in the mixture. I load it in a magnum case with 8 grains of Unique or 14 grains of 2400. As you can see from that box I just pulled off the shelf, I've been loading .357 magmums for awhile. That box was issued to me in 1970 at the National Police Pistol Championship Matches in Jackson, Mississippi where they were held at the Highway Patrol Pistol Range. I was a lowly deputy sheriff representing the Jones County, Mississippi Sheriff's department at the time. The high caliber of shooters who were there set an example for me as to what a good shooter could do with a handgun and it stuck with me.

If you shoot that bullet much, you will see it can be as accurate as any wadcutter and it will kill deer, hogs, and any other thing it hits.

i just did some up today, but i used 12grains of 2400, which should be a little milder load. and i aint taking a picture of my reloading area, would be too embarrassing. as to that speer box, i have one similar to it from speer just a few years later, think it said "lawman" ammunition from memory.i also did some for 38special with 4grains of 231. I am using a rcbs powder drop, and for some reasons unique doesn't stay uniform on light loads per the electronic scale. few years ago, i bought probably 15molds at an estate liquidation. There must be four or five for 358 diameter. He had two molds for wadcutter, one in the 148gr range, and another 158grain range. Not sure why using the two different weights in wadcutters. I still have a ton of 158gr round nose i cast up years ago, but i think i like these keith bullets a lot better.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 05/05/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO