Originally Posted by Creeker
I've been bitten twice by copperheads out there and it is no fun.

Those things are so inconvenient.

Yep. I'll bet living in West Virginia you know all about them because you should have plenty of them up there. They seem to like the mountains and hilly or rocky areas and wood piles for some reason. I've killed only maybe a dozen rattle snakes in the yard in the 30 years I've lived here, but I kill that many copperheads every year. They like to get in the garage under or behind things and especiaslly in my wood supply. The rattlers don't come up close to the house like the copperheads do. Two years ago, a man fixing one of my heat pumps was also bitten by a copperhead and almost lost his right hand because of it and that happened after I had warned him to watch out for the copperheads.

But nobody ever said is is easy being a Renaissance mountain man and I suspect you know a lot about that too. I keep telling these flat landers who move up here that gravity is three times stronger up here on the mountain as down below. But it keeps the tourist away and the yuppies last about one year and then they sell out and move down the mountain to the golf course or around one of the lakes. That leaves only we custy old crumudgeons up here on the mountain and that is the way I like it, copperheads and all.

[Linked Image]

When I look off the upper deck, I don't see any yuppies down there anywhere. In fact, I don't see anybody down there because there isn't anyone for a quarter mile.

Last edited by BobWills; 05/30/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.