I feel your pain brother. Three years ago my wife wanted a "LITTLE SPOT" carved out so she could sometimes park her car there when she was in a hurry and didn't want to go in the garage and where she could store plants and other stuff and keep it out of the driveway parking pad area because on the mountain, there isn't a lot of room anyway.

So Dumb me, I got my pick and shovel and carved out a "little Spot." WELLLLLL what do you know? That isn't even big enough, so I got one of my guys to help me and we hacked this "LITTLE SPOT" out of the side of the mountain. Then I got two more of my guys to help us haul up stones from the stone yard and set them and build the retaining wall and steps up to the main level of the house. Photo's below. You can see what is left of that dern oak that snapped off and hit the house still sticking up at the top left of the first photo and top center of the second photo.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Three weeeks after I had finished the shed along the north side, a big limb fell out of that 90 foot tall pine standing there and knocked a hole in the clear PVC corrigated roofing pannels and just yesterday, I hauled out the ladder and climbed up there and replaced them only THIS TIME, I put THREE pannels one on top of the other one in case another limb falls out of that tree.

Like I say, if I ever see Murphy, I am gonna shoot him.

Last edited by BobWills; 05/28/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.