Originally Posted by RoninPhx
"air bubbles" in the cast bullet alloy.

Hummmmmm. That must be an Arizona kinda thing. Over here east of the Big Muddy, we don't have air bubles in our casting alloys because they just rise to the surface and pop.

As for the temperatures, I feel for you and it's begining to get summertime up here on the mountain too. The weatherman says it's gonna get up to 77 or 78 degrees today and it's already up to 74 out there now and I still have a few post holes to dig. Digging post holes in the mountains can be fun because you never know where those big rocks are hiding which makes laying out split rails that are 8 feet long more like putting a puzzle together than building a split rail fence. grin grin Nobody ever said it was easy being a mountain man.

Creeker, funny you should mention "pressure molding" because that is exactly the way I cast those big BPCR bullets. I had about 25% fewer culls due to weight variance from each casting batch doing it that way. People say using a ladle is too slow, but by the time you factor in the cull difference, it is about as fast to cast good usable bullets that way because you keep most of what you cast instead of putting them in the recycle can.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.