this thread made me go out and look in the hideyhole. I did load a couple of boxes worth of the 358165 a few weeks ago, but they were mostly in 357magnum cases.
And i crimped to the first groove as looking down from the top as they were 38special.
I thought i had done some of the 357magnum ones with 358429, but mistake, i did them in 38special, running at about 850fps. I seated these in the crimp groove.
But talk about working your way through things, when i got through loading those 359429 in the 38special casings i couldn't get them in the cylinders, and i don't have a taper crimp for them, so,,, i pulled out the decapper pin and plug from the sizer die, and ran them with the bullet up a ways till i felt resistence, at which point i tried them in the cylinder for fit. I think i have found another way to taper crimp without buying a taper crimp.
I wish a had a ruger 357 blackhawk to try these guys in, my ex son in law is in tucson, don't think he would want to drive up here with his.
I have an aedequate supply of loaded ammo, but the fun is in trying different combinations/loads, weights etc, and different types of alloys. At the local gunstore yesterday a guy was telling me some people had been "testing" powdercoating, but failed it for coming off in the barrel.
no use contradicting, but that hasn't been my experience.
and the aussie's have been doing it for 20years.
i don't have any empty 357brass laying around, so i have got to shoot some to free it up, then i am going to put 358429 in some. In 38special tho, at 850fps i think it would be "aedequate" for most things. Part of this is experimentation for my daughters two inch ladysmith. I have some 200grainers for that if she ever gets around to firing them.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO