Originally Posted by mudhen
Paul, Dennis, Any updates on the shooting games? Will Jon's Pennsylvania long range tripod be legal for any of the events? If so, which ones? Any more particulars on the DG shoot? Will a bulls bag on a bench be permitted for the long range .22 rimfire shoot and/or the prairie dog shoot? Thanks!

No changes from the posted shoot descriptions. I was thinking about a scoring revision on the .22 LR long range shoot to insure that a shooter with a really good group but none in the bull would not lose to a shooter with a lesser group but a flyer in the bull - talked with Dennis - we will leave it as first stated.

Hey, Ben - Jon's big tripod is good for any of the shoots not done from the bench (steel shoot and rimfire turkey shoot) - or a shooter could use it instead of the bench in those "any position" shoots (PD and Long Range .22LR).

Not sure what a "bulls bag" is (maybe I know it by another moniker) but those two shoots done from the bench allow a front rest and rear bag(s) etc. Apparently the layout for the Dangerous Game shoot is going to get designed/arranged on-site once we get there - so - no further particulars there.

Looks like D and I are going to be pretty busy from Thursday afternoon forward with the shooting arrangements and contests. Hoping to be able to concentrate on some good shooting this time.

Hope you all are getting ready - there are some good challenges waiting.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron