Jeff,

My biggest relief came after being taped by the phys therapist. It took a while (1 month +/-) for me to get into one after seeing my doctor and I wondered why in hell he couldn't have done it, the relief was that immediate. Not perfect, but it allowed me to get back to doing nearly normal things.

Slippers with padded heels in the house, esp on hard floors. I hate it as I'm a barefoot guy, indoors and out. OH well.

The sock has helped too. I'm guessing the hard "shoe" type sold on amazon and such might work also.

Heel pads in my work shoes and boots. Even the $5-7 pairs from Wally World work.

My PF is almost all gone now, at just about year into it. As I said, the taping worked wonders. I haven't had to taps since June or so. The brand my PT used and I got from him was Leukotape P available on Amazon. I could get three days or so from a tape job, even showering and working.

Good luck getting ready for your hunt. I did one quail hunt on some steep stuff with mine last year and was a wreck after about 3 hours. I'd bet I could have easily doubled that after taping and with the heel pads in my boots, maybe gone a whole day.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?