Thanks for the thoughts. I've kinda plateau'd it seems and I'm currently trending pessimistic that this [bleep] will be a fully functional hoof in a week. Still stretching and icing and so on, but I've got a pretty good twinge going still if I step through the motion normally, and that's here on my flat property. It's not helping that I got a bunch of shop work in and am walking & standing on concrete a lot and will have to continue to do so to get it all done before I leave for the hunt. Concrete is the enemy of mobility IME. No surface for old men, haha....

There's a Plan B & C coming together...... even if I can't get to the spot I want to hunt, I might be willing/able physically commit to a shorter pack, and I do have a couple ideas there. One in particular is only about 2.5 miles in and gets me to the fringe of the good remote high country- that might work. Another thought is to go "full tortoise": leave a day earlier, and just go the speed it takes. Maybe break it into two days. The problem there is killing one and the urgency and time constraints around that. It's been a little stressful both other times I did this hunt after I got one down.

Failing that I have good glass and a really dialed long range rig and a 4wd truck with good tires and I can take the full 11 days if I need to. Car camping in all it's glory, me and the other slobs <grin>.... Actually sounds kind of relaxing. Plus the fishing there is spectacular. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!