Beautiful country. Sheep?

I actually wear custom orthotics because of very high arches and the need for metatarsal support, but I noticed those at a Sportsman's warehouse recently, then saw them at Bass Pro as well. They have some kind of pad that analyzes how your foot meets the ground, similar to what they did when I had the orthotics made, and it recommends the best insert to fit your foot. Partner had a problem like this that developed just as we were heading in to pack out a bull. Could barely walk coming down with meat. That was a bad experience. It was due to a boot with no shank, a little predisposition to the problem, and country like your photo.

If you can find a shoe repair place they may have a stretcher with a ball where they could relieve the pressure on the toe from your Asolos. Is there maybe room to put one or two of those corn doughnuts around the problem spot on the toe? That might take the pressure off the trouble spot. I hate it when a well broken in pair of boots suddenly gives problems. Had it happen though, more than once. Sometimes due to the boot breaking down over time even though not looking worn out.

You should seriously consider taking some good hiking poles or at least one good hiking staff. It might save your bacon. It does make a difference when you have a bad limb, regardless of the reason. Take it from me on that. I have plenty of experience with limping along due to bad parts. Leaning on a stick helps in several ways, but most definitely with taking a little weight and helping with balance so you don't have to make quick, and painful moves to catch your balance. Being injured makes it less fun.

I hope you find a way to get around it. (CLC carried by Ace Hardware makes some great kneepads...be slow going, though eek)