Originally Posted by richardca99
The Sako 85 is a high quality rifle, and, 9 times out of 10, they are exceptional shooters right out of the box. The ejection issues have been overstated here. I have an 85 in .25-06, and I've had zero issues.

I do agree that Beretta Customer Service is beyond garbage, and I won't personally buy any new products under their umbrella as I KNOW they won't stand behind them.

The mounting system is actually extremely strong...much more so than the typical arrangement, but there are fewer options for mounts and rings. That's okay, as the one-piece Sako Ringmount is a fantastic design.

For my part, the issue is not overstated. My experience is just as I described without embellishment. I even saved the exchange of emails with customer service. Many others have experienced this same level of performance with the 85M and have described it pretty much the way I did. If you would like to get additional feedback start a thread asking for input on Sako 85 failures. I will not tell someone to not buy a Sako 85 or to buy one. That choice is up to the consumer. My experience is free to use or not use in making that decision.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."