Originally Posted by Dogger
Thanks very much for the informative replies.

My previous posting of the 1-10 list was not to hate on the Sako 85 but to give a recap of the cons that had been offered to date.
So I have been looking at this $1199 Sako 85 6.5x55 on EuroOptic for the last six months or so… What I desire is an accurate, reliable, synthetic stocked rifle that runs like a dream right out of the box; a rifle that shoots factory ammo so well I will have a really tough time developing a handload that can do better. A rifle that needs no tweaking out of the box. Other than mounting a scope and installing a sling I don’t want to have to do anything to the rifle for it to outperform my walnut stocked Ruger M77s and walnut M700 CDL. I have no intention of restocking it or replacing bottom metal. I will save those things for my M700.
But I hate the thought of paying $1200 for a rifle that ain't a home run out of the box.

I just took delivery of a Sauer model 100 today. Mine is in .222, but they offer both the 6.5x55 and 6.5 Creedmore. Uses Rem 700 or Wthby MkV bases. I'm impressed with it. Shooting it tomorrow if possible. $618 at GunProCorporation. Check them out. Looks like Creedmore is in stock.

https://www.gunprodeals.com/products/bolt-action-sauer-100-810496020662

LOL