Not sure I follow, but there is a short base, a long base, an extended base, a quick release base, and then the straight up mount. There are five ring heights, with the Ringmounts being the fifth. The front mount will clamp anywhere upon the front bridge dovetail, and the rear mount rests on the rear bridge at the limiter pin. But, if you are not addressing iron sights, and have no need for the limiter pin, it can be removed, and you can then clamp the rear mount any place you desire on that dovetail.

Not sure many actually fit mounts anymore, as it sounds, here, that most just put the parts together like plumbing. But, if you hand fit the parts, and make corrections for scope adjustment, the Optilocks are easily shimmed at the ring insert and/or ring-base union, or the clamp can be machined. The mounts can then be removed and replaced without losing that fit.

If this is not enough for you, then a rail could be installed. The above Optilocks are also available with a rail base. You are not limited to the position of fixed holes in a receiver.

Also, not sure who first used the concept of a delrin "ball bearing" ring insert, Burris, Sako, or someone else...but the pivoting, self centering insert is genius.

Last edited by GaryVA; 01/26/17.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood