Originally Posted by richardca99
Originally Posted by Dogger
This sums up the negative vibes:

1. Consider a Tikka instead: less expensive, better scope mounting system, stiffer action, same/better accuracy
2. Beretta support sucks
3. A Tikka is a noticeably lighter rifle to carry in the field
4. Scope mounting options are extremely limited for the Sako
5. Sako's tapered dovetail mounting scheme is a PIA
6. Some of the larger (above XS) action sizes have ejection issues
7. COAL can be restricted by the proprietary DBM
8. There is no aftermarket bottom metal available
9. Aftermarket stocks are very limited
10. The lug/block action to stock design is not appealing to some

Let me inject a little reality here, as some folks are clearly going off the deep end, and your list is far from factual:

- A Tikka has plastic parts, and a Sako does not. If that's cool for you, then fine. But's let be clear about why there's a price difference. Nobody is bashing Tikkas here, but they are NOT the same rifle, so let's not pretend that they are or that they are equivalent. There are Savages that will outshoot Sakos, but nobody would pretend that they're the same rifle.

- Scope mounting options are not limited. I have no idea what you're even talking about. The forward ringmount does not have to be positioned all the way forward on the dovetail...you do understand this, right? That fore/aft movement allows you to position the ring as needed to fit your scope. What makes this a PIA is beyond me. Some clearly don't understand how it operates.

- You don't need or want aftermarket bottom metal for a Sako 85. It's already got the highest quality, most well-machined bottom metal available for a rifle.

- McMillan makes stocks for the Sako 85. Is anyone really going to buy a Sako and put a B&C on it?

- I can only speak for the ML action, but my .25-06 has an absurd amount of extra room for COAL. Any cartridge in the .30-06 class could be loaded as long as you wanted.

+1 million
I have a NIB Tikka T3x SS rifle that I bought my son a few months back. It is a good first rifle. he will inherit all my rifles and pistols and will have a very good collection at that point. I had an overpriced POS Sako A7Roughtech which I unloaded recently. The only things these rifles share with a Sako is the factory. I really am tired of Plastic and want no more. It is all Steel and maybe an aluminum floorplate or nothing.