Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I would steer clear of such a liability to proper function. On a "dgr" - no way in hell!

You were on my original thread, many years ago, reference Phil Shoemaker testing a prototype of the Black Bear, I eventually had imported. Not to discount your experience, but Phil, is the only gun writer, who posts on this forum, who has proven to me, that he is beholden to no sponsor, and that his advice, is well grounded in first hand experience, and not skewed by bias of sponsorship. He is the only one, here, that meets this standard, in my book. In addition, Phil has my ear, when it comes to any dangerous game hunting advice. If he makes a recommendation, It carries great weight, in my book.

Phil has never steered me wrong with any advice or observation he has given. This includes with the below rifle, which at the time, was not even slated to be imported into the U.S.

That brings me to Beretta USA. I cannot agree with much of this repeated negative comments. Simple things, such as reading complaints of not getting information from Beretta on little stuff, like torque specs. Come to find, those who complained, never registered their guns, and never signed up with Beretta USA. I do, make an electronic account, and find all those questions already answered, at my finger tips. Even those not answered, when I ask, are generally answered by an expert within a few days, at most. On something difficult, like getting Beretta interested in changing their minds, and importing the rifle below, they did so. I wrote to them, they listened, they gave me positive feedback, and they responded in my favor. How can I complain about that, as that is rather great service, in my book.

So again, not trying to discount your feelings, but they do not carry as much weight, in my book.

Best smile

[Linked Image]

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood