Trying to wade through all the emotions being displayed, and stick with facts.

There is a design, with use of factory mounts as noted above.

Beretta USA had been good with full refunds, on new rifles. Example of how quick:

Originally Posted by Gramps2

04/24/12 - I would like to hear from Sako 85 owners that have had ejection problems (case hitting bottom of scope) with their rifles. Especially those that have been sent back to Beretta or one of their outsourced authorized repair dealers.

04/25/12 - Thanks for listening to me vent guys, gonna have some breakfast, then take on Beretta.

04/25/12 - Heard back from Beretta today. Their fix was to slide scope fore and aft until "right position" for ejection is found. What I found is this fix only makes it hit my scope with the very edge of the case mouth, or it hits my scope with the shoulder of the case. Let Beretta know this afternoon that this did not solve problem, and that I wanted gun fixed right, another gun, or my money refunded.

05/03/12 - Shipped my 85 Sako Finnlight to Beretta USA in Md. this morning. Yesterday I was actually able to talk to a former jarhead like myself, which made me feel somewhat more optimistic.

05/16/12 - Got a call from Beretta USA this morning. Very nice young lady informed me that I would be receiving a check for the price I paid for my 85 Finnlight ST .270 Win. Can't ask for more than that.

Everyone have a great day!

G2

I am familiar with your particular rifle, but, I am unfamiliar with any written request you made, which was denied.

As to your rifle, those comments were made in reference to it being tested and shown to function.

An example, where I am actually named, in one of these Beretta discussions:

The bottom of the bolt face is completely open. This is necessary for the controlled feed of the 85. As GaryVA pointed out, only the extractor is holding the case being pulled rearward. If extractor/spring are not strong enough the case may slide down face of bolt causing front of case to stick upward.

And here is an example of replacing a weak spring, with a stronger Gre-tan, which gave the extractor a stronger hold on the case:

Originally Posted by LRCampos
Folks,
As I posted earlier, my Sako 85 in 30-06 was having problems ejecting empty brass. Not only it hits the botton of the scope (mostly the right turret), but sometimes when extracting the extractor slipped on brass rim and left the brass on top of the magazine, freely.

I took one of the springs and compared with the Sako original spring and noticed that the Gre Tan springs are much longer... may be 3 turns of spring longer.
Also, they seemed much more stronger.

I tried to install the Gre Tan spring but it is a little longer and even compressing it, there will be about hair of the extractor pin that will not go inside the pin hole to allow the original Sako extractor to fit its place. I cut only one turn to allow it to fit completely inside its hole on the bolt.

Now, it was very easy to just snap everything inside the bolt.
First thing I noticed is that the extractor now has much more pressure against the side of the bolt, that is a good thing.
But the final test is really how it would work ejecting new and used empty brass...

And all I can say is that I was amazed at HOW WELL it works!!!
Every single of the more than 100 empty brass (new, full lenghted resized, fired etc) I put through my Sako 85, ejected 100%!!!

Some of the brass still hit the botton of the scope, but it flyes away from the action! This was not happening before the new spring!

Most of the brass was really ejected, like it had a plunger ejector.
I can move the bolt slow or fast and everything works 100%. Not a single brass (I tried loaded rounds too and it worked perfect) was left inside the action, over the magazine. All of them was spitted out of the action!

Now, I have a 100% functional and beautifull Sako 85 Classic in 30-06 !!!
Kampfeld made some custom touches, so it is a real nice rifle that now works 100%.

I am very happy and spent only about U$10,00 to fix something that Beretta SHOULD had done years ago.

Here it is:

[Linked Image]

And with a McMillan Classic stock I ordered from McMillan, for places where put its beautifull walnut stock is not recomended (someplaces here where the european warthog - sus scrofa - hides...):
[Linked Image]

Here the parts I used:
[Linked Image]

As you can see on the photo above, the Brownells part number for the spring kit is # 309-000-009.

I think that, for the price of the Gre Tan Extended Spring Kit, it is worth to try and see if it works on your rifles too. I hope it works for you!

LRCampos.

It is evident that some are frustrated over this, hence, the long threads and emotional responses. I understand that, but I am wading through this to stick with facts, not emotions.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood