Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The first time the ejection doesn't work properly on an important hunt, you will regret the day you bought it.

There are many, many accounts of such, and yes you can find videos all over UTube demonstrating such.

DD here brings up my situation of a year ago. I bought a Sako in .204 and .270 Win., NIB, with great wood and impeccable fit and finish. The ejector, located in the center bottom of the action would consistently eject brass into the windage turret - for both rifles. My scopes were one inch Leupies - nothing exotic.
I solve the .204 problem by rotating the scope 180* to the left and every piece of .204 cleared just fine. That rifle was wickedly accurate with many 5 shot strings in one ragged hole at 100.
I was going to do the same for the .270, which was also accurate but then decided this was stupid! I brought the rifles back to the lgs and explained the situation.
They had heard this before. Sako will only say that if the brass clears the action, its not their fault that the scope is in the way. I went home and carefully took off the scope/rings/bases and put the rifles back in their boxes and traded them back at my lgs. What a shame - just darn nice rifles with an ejector in the wrong place.
Maybe earlier models were engineered differently but I would steer clear of such a liability to proper function. On a "dgr" - no way in hell!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.