Originally Posted by Jeff_O
The 14th Sec 3 also lists “rebellion” as cause. Is that a statute? Or a description of action(s)? I don’t know, that’s an honest question. If the latter…. then he’s not gonna be on the ballot.

Regardless, this one is heating up, as predicted, and will be tested in the courts. I’m guessing- could be wrong- that there’s precedent for this being used in cases where the person(s) it was used against were never convicted of insurrection.

SCOTUS will be the decider. As I already said, that could actually work to Trumps advantage beyond just the question of whether he can Constitutionally be allowed on ballots because it might amount to a finding of whether fücknut did or did not engage in insurrection/rebellion which in turn could effect Smith’s case. Or not. As I said earlier SCOTUS are masters of very carefully narrowing the scope of their decisions.

But know this. Trump is, at the end of the day, a bullshitter. Courts are pretty much designed to cut through bullshit. Judges are human beings wired to despise bullshit. I don’t think SCOTUS is gonna go out of their way to rescue one Donald J. Trump from the consequences of his bullshit. Could be wrong. We’ll see. Soon!

What part of the truth chaps your ass, Jeffy?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]