Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Hey dumbass. I’ve been saying all along this one lands with SCOTUS, and “who knows”… bet I’ve said that 20 times on this thread.

As far as his other legal “issues”, yes indeed I’m thrilled that the rule of law is dragging the lying POS that is Donald Trump into a venue where his lies won’t wash. He’s being tried for, in a nutshell, trying to subvert democracy and steal an election. Since he, uh, actually DID this, in front of all of our eyes, and with the enthusiastic support of many here, you’re damn tootin’ I’m glad he gets his day in court, and by extension, so do you. And I do in fact like my odds of coming away smiling on that one.

As for the 14th Sec 3, I’ll say it yet again just for you: we’ll see. My guess is SCOTUS uses some rhetorical trick to find a way out of ruling on its merits… but we’ll see.

————-

Boy, Jack Smith sure has a way with words, huh. Very direct, very concise, and very true. In fact, he deserves his own thread… hmmm. Do I care enough? 😂 Anyway:

The defendant asserts (Br.1) that this prosecution ‘threatens … to shatter the very bedrock of our Republic.’ To the contrary: it is the defendant’s claim that he cannot be held to answer for the charges that he engaged in an unprecedented effort to retain power through criminal means, despite having lost the election, that threatens the democratic and constitutional foundation of our Republic,” Smith wrote in the new filing.
“This Court should affirm and issue the mandate expeditiously to further the public’s — and the defendant’s — compelling interest in a prompt resolution of this case,” he added.

Could not agree more, Mr. Smith. Take it to the lying sack of shït. Quickly.

Must suck to go through life with “TDS”, such a sad little mind you have.