Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
Whoa.... lots of bobbing and weaving here.....

You seem to be willing to comment on others opinions yet here you are... starting topics and making statements that you refuse to acknowledge nor defend.

You made previous comments about hypocrisy and here you are..the kettle, calling the pot black. Whew!

So, first, the question that DBT runs away from.... simple, but both you and DBT avoid it.....

#1 "Must we know HOW something is made to know THAT it exists?"

I also tried to make it easier on the two of you... I restated: "...if one sees, holds a nd something... does one need to know HOW it came into existences to KNOW it exists?

This is ludicrously simple yet you two avoid it..... why?

You also objected to a previous wording of this question and implied that "conflation" paid a visit and the word "made" implied "being made by a sentient being". OK, that is a good comment, so I ask simply if there is evidence that something has been "made"... does that .... logically infer that a "sentient being was involved.

Again, very simple.... YOU brought this "sentient being" aspect up, not me.

I've already called out the word game you are playing and why it doesn't prove what you think it proves.

The universe exists.

We do not know how it came to exist.

That does not mean "god did it".

So, you make assumptions of what I said in the discussions... then argue against a point I never made regarding these two HOW/KNOW postings. What kind of conflating... or ...straw man or red herring is that?

You use the same word twisting you castigate others for.....

Since you have brought God into the discussion, let's run with that for a bit....ok

You did say that the universe does indeed exist and further state that "That does not mean 'god did it'." 

BUT, the current view of the "astrophysicists" of today all seem to believe that the universe had a "sudden" and dramatic beginning. Big Bang or "everything everywhere all at once" is what I read being talked about. Some how SOMETHING happened and the Universe just came into being....Right? (And don't give me that Magic Larry nonsense about the "Universe from Nothing." He's been proven to be a degenerate a fraud and just a self serving book seller.)

So, SOMTHING happened and the UNIVERSE is just suddenly HERE. Of course, there those that would say, "Well we don't HOW the universe began, but we KNOW that it did." It did indeed come into existence... but HOW is indeed an intriguing question.

Now... let me state as I understand YOUR meaning ..... You said.. paraphrased.... .."If there is evidence that something has been MADE, that implies the involvement of a sentient being."

So, let me ask all who are reading this post..... Do you see in the world around you..... the landscapes, oceans, deserts, plants, animals and of course ...us humans.....Do you see evidence that this world and this universe has been MADE?

Many have posted on this thread that they sense a "sentient being" when they behold nature, the stars and the world. I agree.

So there are really two logical choices when one regards the origin of all we see in this world today.... A or B

A - "Everything we see came from Nothing and we literally have no idea of how or why."

B - A great and almighty powerful "sentient being" MADE the Universe and this World and US.

I ,as do many of you..... vote "B"

You're wrong about the current understand of The Big Bang and it's implication for the early universe:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell