grin

Roy-
I LOVVVVVVEEEEEEEE to people watch. Going north of the border each year, I have nearly almost as much anticipation on the gents I'll be sharing the camp with as I do about the hunt. It doesn't take long to sort them out either. grin

There's the quiet guy that goes about his business and you can tell by his gear, and, the way it's worn that the guy is all business when it comes to hunting. That guy's choice in caliber runs the gamut from the smallish right on through the big boomers. I already know when he pulls the trigger on whatever steps out is in SERIOUS trouble. Even if he's got a 340 Wby, he knows how to use it. He's not going to give anyone crap because he knows his quarry and he knows the small ones knock them down just like the big ones.

Then there's the guy that talks the most, and wants to tell you about how many hunts he's been on, and, what he's killed, why he paid 2k for his scope and why he shoots what he shoots is the first to look down his nose at the smaller, efficient and quite effective deer rifles - and likely to make a verbal stink about it. I generally quietly wager with myself that he'll be the guy that will most likely be the guy that everyone hates, and, he will inevitably ALWAYS be shooting a BOOMER of some sort.
I've begun taking smaller and smaller calibers in recent years to to give "that guy" fodder to look like an idiot. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D