without going thru all 34 pages in this thread, I am sure some one brought it up...

the largest whitetail supposedly ever taken was taken in Stearns County MN...and was taken with a lever action along the lines of a 30/30 or 32 Special...

largest one I ever took was taken in St Louis Co MN, about 30 miles north of Hibbing or 80 miles south of International Falls...it field cleaned at 265 and the DNR estimated it at about 340 to 350 on the hoof...

in Wisconsin one year, watch a friend from childhood of my best buddy shoot a 300 lb plus buck...

this was the guys first time deer hunting... he goes and buys a Browing BAR in 300 Win Mag, puts a $1000 Scope on top... flies his private plane up from St Louis... brings a buddy who is duplicating this for the first time also...

they show up with Eddie Bauer stuff from head to toe...

Shoot this big buck by 10 am... pay some local Wisconsin hunter they come across to gut it for them and then take it into town to the taxidermist... pay him $500 for his time and let him keep the meat... they fly out Sunday afternoon, and then the guy throws his new Browning in the paper to sell Monday...

his whole attitude... "well, I've been there and done that.."

oh and I forgot the deluxo pickup with ALL the bells and whistles that he rented for the weekend...

he had his secretary line all of the logistics up for this...

and was disappointed that there was no a Raddison Hotel in town...just a few local dives...and the restaurants had a lousy wine selection he was complaining about the next morning..

Last edited by Seafire; 11/21/11.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez