Well the biggest white tail I ever shot off my CT wood lot when about 200 lbs field dressed, and he was a worn out buck, little fat, shot him in Mid Dec. As for the rifle I was a Sako in 6.5 x 55 and a 160gr Hornaday RN going about 2400 fps. I know about the speed because that is what the Chrono said. It was late in the day, there was a warm south wind that day, my aunt who was living with me at the time, needed to go to the Doctor, her hobby, by the time we got home it was all most four and she tried to talk me out of going to my land, too late you see. I when anyway and got on my spot around 4pm, that deer came walking in from the east along the trail by a and I shot him, it was 4:15. I go home, my aunt in a snarkey voice you get anything, I put the liver in the sink. A friend help me drag it out, that was the hard part, hung in it the garage, and for the rest of the day and night my aunt bitched about it hanging in the garage. It was my house, and she was free loading off of me and it still was not enough. Great deer never the less, they aged him at a least 12years old, a very beat up old buck. 'Would have never seen him if I just didn't go. Better yet I got rid of the Aunt a little while after, it just cost me the house.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov