Not the biggest deer I've kilt grin, but a nice one from last year. He had to be checked for CWD, as I was in a county where some had been found before. The biologist guesstimated him at about 240 live, 180 dressed.
I shot him on my uncle's farm, and we just used the tractor to put him in the bed of the truck. Nothing like farm equipment to make a hard job easier laugh.
Missouri's farms can grow some fat-azz deer, especially if they aren't bothered too much. I've killed bigger bucks, with nicer racks, too, but this one seemed to have the boys at the meat locker pretty excited. They were shocked that I didn't want the rack, but I've got nicer racks, so it would have been in the way to keep it around.

Ya gotta listen to the old farmers, they KNOW where the deer are running. Uncle told me to "just go up on the hill behind the house, and watch, they're crossing there a lot". I did, and they did. Bang, end of story. .270 Winchester, of course. cool

Attached Images
deerseason2010 002.JPG (40.29 KB, 139 downloads)

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.