I've owned several .22 WMR's over the years and most have come and gone. Everytime I find myself without one, I always seem to think "wish I had a .22 mag."

That said, I ended up buying a S&W 48 no dash model with a 6" barrel and love to carry it when woods walking. I then wanted an accurate rifle so chambered as well. After researching the matter I ended up buying a new Marlin stainless bolt action/tube fed rifle with a laminated stock. I believe the model number is 883S. I installed a Pentax Pioneer 3x9 scope on it with the ballistic plex reticle and it flat out shoots!

I've been teaching my girlfriend to shoot, mind you she had never fired a gun before in her life. On the second trip to the range I took the Marlin and a dozen eggs with me as they do a lot of egg shoots at my club and so have the egg holders on top of the target frames. After teaching her to use that rifle, she proceeded to shoot 4 eggs straight at 100 yards! When that first egg exploded you should have heard the yell she let out! grin

For a plain ole hunting rifle, I think "minute of egg" is pretty good!

Keith

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~