Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Jim, with all respect, the drift numbers provided are for both 100 AND 200 yards. Don't know how that's missing a point, truly.

Digital

If the 200 yard figures were there, I sure did not see them. I must have been composing my reply before I saw your edited version.

My point still stands. For the valid data you posted ,the drift difference is very real.

The middle line of 22 mag data is pure fantasy. No commercially available 40g 22 mag load meets those downrange specs. Real world 40g data is about 20% more.

The reason is your BC of .145 for the Sierra CENTERFIRE bullets is higher than that for the real bullet used in 22 mag loadings. The actual 40 slug profiles used in 22 mag ammo are more blunt nosed to meet the OAL cartridge length specs for the rimfire ammo and have a lower BC.

Last edited by jim62; 12/16/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt