Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
PPosey: I have now killed 5 Badgers with my 17 HMR Rifle and all were one shot kills!
I have killed 3 Coyotes now with my 17 HMR Rifle and all were one shot kills!
I have also killed Fox, Wild Turkey, Rock Chucks and a plethora of other Varmint species with my 17 HMR - the 17 HMR simply kills way beyond what an unexperienced shooter/observer would expect!
I think it is the combined accuracy, flatter trajectory, faster bullets and faster rotating bullets that the 17 HMR has?
I don't care WHAT the reason is - I am thrilled that there is a more lethal rimfire cartridge than the 22 Magnum!
I have several ranches that only allow rimfires and on these ranches there are lots of Fox, Badgers, Jack Rabbits, Coyotes and a few Rock Chucks - the 17 HMR reigns supreme where rimfires are required.
Anyone who does not recognize the significant lethality of the 17 HMR OVER the 22 Magnums simply has not had enough trigger time with the 17 HMR!
PERIOD!
YES the 17 HMR is "so much better than the 22 Magnum"!
Legions of American Varminters "can't be wrong"!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Woohoo 3 whole yotes, we better all get rid of out .223s and go out and buy a .17hummer to yote hunt with as this proves it is a great yote round,,,,

I don't shoot itty bitty critters on a regular basis, tree rats get subsonic .22LR HPs,,, things I shoot tend to get bigger fast after tree rats, I'd rather use something that wasn't invented to splatter gophers or impress the newest, fastest crowd,,,, just no nitch for the .17 to fill around here.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places