VG, you're the easiest target in the lower 48 so far as I see it. laugh

Someday maybe you'll be less full of yourself and better able to comprehend what people write.

The .17 HMR ain't a bad cartridge and has advantage over the .22 WMR insofar as trajectory. Never said otherwise. Accuracy is where you find it and a lot of HMRs shoot well, but that does not mean the WMR does not. I have one that does fine out to reasonable range, which for me is around 100-125 yards for the cartridge and gun.

When I referred to a slew of alternatives I was not referring to rimfires ya dimwit. Anytime you want to race your beloved .17 HMR against any .17/.22/6mm/.257 cal CF rifle do let me know, cause I'll take that bet is a heartbeat. I could probably meet you in Cody next June. If one hand loads, and I do, the CFs are cheaper to shoot, more accurate and have far better ballistics, both in drop and drift, not to mention splat factor. Oh yeah, range..they got a lot of range...

Having those alternatives available, I see little need for the HMR. That's a personal choice, not a slam on the cartridge. If I didn't hand load I might own one. I do, therefore I don't. OTOH, I have a friend or two that do have one. I don't pizz in their beer and call it Schlitz.

How's your .17 work on hogs by the way?

I'll check back later today for your 1,000 word essay in response.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain