Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I've been sprayed in the eyes/face with OC in training a few times. After being sprayed, we were required to draw our PR-24 baton, administer a few jabs/strikes to a training bag, then handcuff a semi-compliant fellow student.

Bottom line, OC will make your eyes/nose burn and runny, make you wish to close your eyes, make it hard to breathe, irritate your mouth, throat, lungs, sinus.

But, if you have a strong combat mindset, and determination, it will not neutralize you.

And you knew it was coming, and you held your breath. If you'd never seen or heard of the stuff before and you were bellowing and snorting and running and somebody sprayed your face with about ten of those little squirts (like you recieved in training) all at once (equivalent to the UDAP) you'd have gone down like you took a 240 burst in the chest.

I've been hit with OC and I've seen others get hit. Not a squirt, a sustained stream from less than 2 feet away after doing a fair amount of PT, i.e. you are sweating and breathing hard. No way to not get the "full effect". And in my case the fun just started. There was work to do while you were feeling the awesomeness.

Different people react differently, dunno about bears. But I do know that if the wind is wrong I'm [bleep]. I don't carry bear spray, but I do carry a 629 or a 586 stoked with rounds that will do what I need them to do.

MAGA