Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Having packed a Kahr P45 quite a bit I can say I literally forget it's there. They are exceptionally light and trim. Maybe I'm a wuss- hell, I AM wuss- but if I'm on a trail with lots of people AND it dips near enough to rural area that one sees the fringes of society on it I'd damn well pack that pistol.

My girls are beautiful and two of them are natural blondes. The world at large has a fetish over real blondes as I've come to see owning a couple <g>. It's not to be trivialized. If I'm with them in a remote place especially where 911 has no meaning, it's my job to make sure as best I can that they don't become headlines, because as I say however sick the sickos are towards women in general it's +P towards skinny, attractive natural blondes.

Jeff, you are entirely correct, in my view. Pistols serve a purpose. Even my choice for a camp gun, my stainless .22LR Kit Gun, polished butter-smooth, would do the job.

Back in the 1970s, I was working as an international lawyer (still am), at the time with the leading razor blade company and traveling all over. One of my clients was a wonderful guy, Asian regional manager working out of Hong Kong, with a wife and two lovely little blond girls. I had dinner at their home in HK.

Dave [name changed] was promoted to be sales manager for the SE US, working in Atlanta. Sad to say, one of the girls, then in her teens, was kidnapped and assaulted. They ultimately found her body, tied to a tree in heavy forest, where she had been left to die. You simply cannot be too careful.

We always thought that it was so ironic that in all places, the US turned out to be less safe than others where he had taken his family.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).